- Monday, July 21, 2003
Weekend GIG
Last weekend was pretty hectic days for me and my 'crew', but the last 2 nights were such a BIG blast! for us and the rest 200 youth people joining in one heart to praise God in Anaheim Convention Center. It was such an adrenaline rush to be able to just gather together in one big hall to praise & worship. This event was also my first 'gig' here in California, after about 10 months here in LA again. It was kinda like a "new" experience for me all over again, because this time I was with new friends, new group and new church environment.
We practiced for about 3 times last week, starting on last Sunday, then the monday night and final rehearsal was on last Thursday night. I usually get home from work at about 5'ish, then around 6:30 I had to go again to Monterey Park where we had the music practice. Pulang2 sekitar jem 11 malem, teler2 nyetir sendiri, perjalanannya sekitar 40 minutes gitu. Well, that wasn't that bad, what bad was ... right on the first day of the event, last Friday, I went from 1:30pm, and got to Convention Center at about 4:30 !!! 3 hours stuck in TRAFFIC
Gileeeee....
Buat temen2 yg di Jakarta, mungkin macet itu udah biasa yah, dan buat gue weekend traffic in LA is usually tolerable, but somehow, this one was simply BAD. Macetnya ga kira2, trus mana jauh banget musti drivenya about 60 miles deh. Yang tadinya bisa dicapai dengan waktu 1 jam nyetir, eh ditambah macet2an, jadi 3 jem!!
OK, enuf complaining :)
Oh, and last night I finished this one series: Boy & Girl I like the ending though. Puas juga liat endingnya, meskipun cousin gue bilang ada kayak yg ga 'kelar' gitu at the end. Ah tapi kemaren setelah nonton sampe kelar, puas juga koq
Right. SO,... how did YOUR weekend go?
All Rights Reserved ® Shenny 2003-2004


