- Thursday, April 24, 2003
Simply Irressistible
I know you've heard the stories
But they all sound too good to be true
You've heard about a place called home
But there doesn't seem to be one for you
So one more night you cry yourself to sleep
And drift off to a distant dream
Where love takes you in and everything changes
A miracle starts with the beat of a heart
When love takes you home and says you belong here
The loneliness ends and a new life begins
When love takes you in
And somewhere while you're sleeping
Someone else is dreaming too
Counting down the days until
They hold you close and say I love you
And like the rain that falls into the sea
In a moment what has been is lost in what will be
When love takes you in everything changes
A miracle starts with the beat of a heart
And this love will never let you go
There is nothing that could ever cause this love to lose its hold
When love takes you in everything changes
A miracle starts with the beat of a heart
When love takes you home and says you belong here
The loneliness ends and a new life begins
When love takes you in it takes you in for good
When love takes you in
~~Steven Curtis Chapman "When Love Takes You In"~~
A short bio about the man with the million-dollars voice:
He said, "There are a ton of songs about falling in love and about break-ups, but in my opinion, there aren�t enough songs that dive deep into what happens in relationships on a day-to-day basis....� Chapman and his wife, Mary Beth, providing the inspiration on his latest project, he crafted the musically diverse and lyrically profound All About Love, a disarmingly honest album that is clearly not a collection of traditional love songs
[credits to: http://www.stevencurtischapman.com]
I've known his name ever since I'm into CCM (Christian Contemporary Music), but I could honestly say I was never his faithful fans. I was more leaning to the 'other' groups like Anointed, Avalon, Point of Grace, etc. But tonight, the lyrics of this song was brought into my attention from an email I got a few days ago from a mailing-list I joined. The sender said, "I listened to this song and I was touched and amazed by HIS great love to us. This song is dedicated to all of you. Happy Easter ! -ss-"
Indeed, when I read the song, there was a sudden urgency to search for the song and then quickly play it in my winamp. It has been played over and over again for almost 30 minutes now....
While doing that, I was searching for more info about the guy, and went into his website -- found the photograph of him and his wife, Mary Beth.
This paragraph is brought into my attention also:
�Mary Beth and I are drastically different people. It�s Eeyore marries Tigger,� he explains.
�Is the glass half empty or half full? It depends on the way you look at it.
You bring those different perspectives and life experiences together in a relationship and find yourself asking, "Hmm, how do we make this work?"
And therein lies the mystery that Steven finds irresistible.
I guess, when you are meant to be with each other, all those obstacles will go away eventually. Well maybe not 'go away', but, it becomes so vividly and almost invisible to the eyes. You won't really care what the others tell you about the person you find yourself 'simply-attached' too. Your heart will tell you all the signs and wonders. Those butterflies tingling in your stomach will finally get the best of your attentions. I guess when love takes in, your heart and his are busy welcoming and embracing it. And then again,...Simply irresistible means just that.
Simply - Irresistible.
tha tha for now, folks! hope have a blessed friday. TGIF !
*sentimental mood finally sets off. he he he... gile...serius amat yah postingan gue kali ini.... hee hee hee...*
All Rights Reserved ® Shenny 2003-2004


