- Saturday, April 12, 2003
LOVE CHECKS IN....
*quoted from "Maid in Manhattan" - 2002*
Yeap. Please don't kill me now just because I'm gonna talk about J.Lo
Well, have you watch her latest movie yet?
I just did. Last nite hehehe *telat banget yah* Yeah I know, 4 months late hihihi... And I think she did it again :) Gak tau kenapa, gue rada2 admire dia nich....
padahal banyak yg gak suka yah? Banyak yg bilang dia agak2 b****y, etc etc..
But I think, I admire her 'other' characters somehow. And hey, she dances, she sings, she acts, she even has her own designer team.... dang
Hmm eits, don't get me wrong. I'm with you when it comes to her scandals, her love life or her exes hehe.. this girl really knows how to get her men
But hey, it's her personal life,..and so be it. I don't intend to touch that subject.
*MOVIE-REVIEW-MODE-SET-ON*

Geez.. this must shows how much I like chick-movies
well, back to Maid in Manhattan, J.Lo plays as a mother, a maid and a woman who has been given a chance in life, life in Manhattan. Her life before meeting Chris Marshall, a young candidate-to-be-senator was ordinary and original. Fate changes everything, and destiny pulls her over. Yeah it seems so much like the cinderella story, an 'upik-abu' meets the prince, falls in love, and life happily ever after. Well, OK OK the story may be a bit 'biasa aja' atau 'terlalu ngayal', but I think the idea behind it, the character of a maid being potrait (she works at a 5-stars hotel in uptown Manhattan), how she struggles trying to make it enough so that she could prove to herself, her son and also her mom, who has always been doubting her ability to be somebody -- all this put together so nicely, and of course, western movie always has that ability to make a perfection.
Gue nih pas nonton pelm ini, mikir ke Hotelier, a 20-eps korean drama starring Bae Yong Jun, Song Yoon Ah yg settingnya di Hotel Seoul, Korea. Mirip2, tapi gak sama. Suka deh kalo nonton pelm yg potrait a certain profession, misalnya manager Hotel, or even a maid. I've never knew that a maid's job in a big hotel, especially in Manhattan could be like that.
WOW "Being a servant, doesn't determine who we are... ", they serve people, they clean, they unpack their guests suitcases.... it is really a humbling profession.
And the soundtrack ? ugh... nice :) I personally like the song sung alive by Glenn Lewis in the movie. He sang it in the middle of the dance party (buat yg udah pernah nonton). It's called "Fall Again"
Lagunya smooth2, slow2.... R&B - Jazz type gituh.... enakkkkk deh
For closing.... here's the lyrics...
Feels like fire, burns in my heart
Every single moment that we spend apart
I need you around for everyday to start
I haven't left you alone
Something about you, staring in my eyes
Everything looking for I seem to find
All this time away is killing me inside
I need your love in my life
I wanna spend time till it ends
I wanna fall in you again
like we did, when we first met
I wanna fall with you again
We fought in a battle, nobody won
Now we face a mountain to be overcome
U can't turn away, the past is said and done
I need us to carry on
You try everything you never thought would work before
When you live when you love when you give when you run you can always give up some more
Baby nothing means anything unless you're here to share with me
I can breathe, I can life, I can die, I can sleep
cuz you're always there in my dreams
Oh I wanna spend time till it ends
I wanna fall in you again
Like we did, when we first met
I wanna fall with you again
I wanna fall with you again
"Maid in Manhattan" Official Site
bubuy.
All Rights Reserved ® Shenny 2003-2004


